- "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings to search things out."
- "Do not put yourself forward in the king’s presence or stand in the place of the great for it is better to be told, ‘Come up here,’ than to be put lower in teh presence of a noble."
- "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you."
- "Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."
- "A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
- "Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool."
- "A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools."
- "Like an archer who wounds everyone is one who hires a passing fool or drunkard."
- "Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears."
- "The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body."
- "A lying tongue hates its victims, and a flattering mouth works ruin."
- "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring."
- "Better is open rebuke than hidden love."
- "Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel."
- "The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it."
- "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."
- "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion."
- "Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely."
- "The one who keeps the law is a son with understanding, but a companion of gluttons shames his father."
- "If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination."
- "Blessed is the one who fears the Lord always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity."
- "Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered."
- "He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck, will suddenly be broken beyond healing."
- "If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet."
- "The rd and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother."
- "Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight in your heart.
- "One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor."
- "Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the Lord that a man gets justice."
- "Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."
- "Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say,’ Who is the Lord?’ or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God."
- "There are those who are clean in their own eyes but are not washed of their filth."
- "Three things are never satisfied; four never say, ‘Enough’: Sheol, the barren womb, the land never satisfied with water, and the fire that never says, "Enough."
- "Under three things the earth trembles; under four it cannot bear up: a slave when he becomes king, and a fool when he is filled with food; an unloved woman when she gets a husband, and a maidservant when she displaces her mistress."
- "Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute."
- "Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy."
- "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
- "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come."
- "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."
- "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."
- "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."